On the DisabledGo website you’ll find detailed access information to thousands of venues across the UK and the Republic of Ireland: shops, pubs, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, railway stations, hotels, universities, hospitals and more.
Established over 14 years ago, their mission is to maximise independence and choice for disabled people in accessing their local area and the places we all want to visit.
They work on behalf of Local Authorities, top Universities, NHS Trusts and private sector organisations to publish detailed access information on well over 125,000 places of interest across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. They also have a number of prominent strategic partnerships, particularly in the travel and tourism sector, with organisations such as Visit England, Visit London (London & Partners / Greater London Authority), Tourism For All and Open Britain.
Developed by disabled people for disabled people
DisabledGo is unique among national access information providers because as they say…
- visit and survey every venue on our website in person
- use a survey method that over 800 groups of disabled people have fed into
- have a national network of steering groups that guide our work and support the continuous development of our service
- offer a standardised service – from Aberdeen to Portsmouth our trained surveyors use the same high standards and pan-disability
- Survey template to ensure that all our guides are accurate, reliable and presented in a user-friendly format.
- We go the extra mile because disabled people have told us:
A venue which self-reports its access can all too often miss, overlook or fail to appreciate the reality of the access they provide. The majority of venues do not have the expertise or the time to go into the detail that many disabled people need to have to make an effective judgement about the suitability of access.
Finally because what’s accessible for one person is not necessarily accessible for another, DisabledGo’s independence means “we say as we see it”, providing the facts so you can make an informed choice.
DisabledGo gives you more ‘independence and choice’.
To find out more about DisabledGo please click on the following links below:-
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/DisabledGo