The Nuclear Community Charity Fund
Following a long campaign by the British Nuclear Test Veterans Association the Chancellor announced a provision of £25 million from LIBOR funds financing an Aged Veterans Fund to alleviate suffering and increase wellbeing.
The Aged Veterans Fund ‘went live’ in April 2016 and the British Nuclear Test Veterans Association, through their Nuclear Community Charity Fund (NCCF) received approval to launch an initial Portfolio of five projects benefiting the Nuclear Community.
In 2017 a second phase bid was successfully achieved allowing the portfolio of projects to evolve and expand addressing wider needs of our community.
Making that difference
Phase One Project Progress
- Cytogenetic Study 40%
- Care Wellbeing and Inclusion 80%
- Nuclear Families 90%
- Remembrance Project 100%
Phase Two Project Progress
- Genetic Study 6%
- Care Wellbeing and Inclusion Fund (CWI Fund) 1%
- Remembrance & Virtual Museum 3%
- Communications Project 8.33%
- Centre for Health Effects of Radiological and Chemical Agents (CHRC) 5%